This taco casserole is my new favorite on a busy night. I make tacos regularly, they are my go-to quick meal that the whole family loves. Sometimes I like to mix it up and make a great taco salad and now with this recipe I have another option for taco night. This taco casserole is a fun twist on a classic, easy dinner. I found the original recipe came from here, but I lightened it up a little and it was still amazing. My whole family loved this casserole as much as they love regular tacos and this casserole was just as easy to throw together.
Recipes that are easy, healthy, and family friendly are the best kind of recipes in my opinion!
Try these other family favorite dinner ideas!
The fastest and easiest chicken noodle soup
slow cooker creamy ranch chicken
You can use your own taco seasoning in place of the packaged seasoning. Find the recipe here. You can also swap out lean ground beef for the ground turkey.
Amazing Taco Casserole
- 2 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 (16 oz) can pinto beans
- 1 (16 oz ) jar salsa
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 2 1/2 cups coarsely broken tortilla chips divided
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 medium green onions, sliced
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- Heat oven to 350°F. Cook turkey over medium-high heat until browned, 5 to 7 minutes Drain. Stir in pinto beans beans, salsa and taco seasoning mix. Reduce heat to medium. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally.
- In ungreased 2-quart casserole, place 2 cups of the broken tortilla chips. Top evenly with beef mixture. Sprinkle with bell pepper, onions, and the cheese.
- Bake uncovered 20 to 25 minutes. Top baked casserole with lettuce, tomato and remaining 1/2 cup tortilla chips.
Check out these other great taco recipes:
Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, follow our YouTube Channel, and watch our day to day happenings on Pinterest and Instagram!
Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your cost will be the same, but My Mommy Style will receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated!
Hello! I am Camille, a wife, mother of four, Disney obsessed, certified teacher, and reality optimist. Motherhood comes with its ups and downs, and I hope while you’re here you’ll find something that makes your #momlife easier!
I tried this recipe last night but left out green onions and used finely diced white onions. It was absolutely delicious!Thank you so much for sharing!
So glad you liked it! 🙂
I’m so glad you liked it!
My family and I had this for the first time a couple of months ago. We loved it and it is now a part of our regular rotation!
I love that a group of you have come together to inspire and share! 🙂 This recipe looks absolutely on the top of my list to make in the near future. Super yummy!
I want to make this recipe for dinner, but not sure if I need to drain the canned beans before adding to the mix? Or should the beans remain undrained? Thanks!
Yes, drain them. 🙂