I’m so excited to share this delicious cake recipe! This is an easy cake to whip up and as long as you follow the directions it is nearly fool-proof. It is also pretty magical. When the cake is done baking in your slow cooker you serve up the cake and there is smooth and delicious hot fudge underneath to serve on top of the cake! Magic! Make the cake even better by adding your favorite sundae toppings on top or add a scoop of ice cream.
P.S. Please read the directions carefully! When I say DO NOT MIX, I really mean it. It might feel weird to pour the water and brown sugar mixture on top of the cake and walk away, but just do it! I promise everything will work out.
Slow Cooker Hot Fudge Sundae Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar packed
- 3 cups hot water
- Sundae toppings such as caramel sprinkles, nuts, cherries, whipped cream, or ice cream.
- Spray a 4-6 quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- In a bowl mix together the flour, sugar, 4 tablespoons of cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Then stir in the milk, vegetable oil and vanilla until combined. Spread batter evenly into the bottom of the greased slow cooker.
- Combine the brown sugar, hot water, and the remaining 1/2 cup cocoa powder and whisk together until smooth. Pour over the batter in the slow cooker. DO NOT MIX!
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours.
- Dish chocolate cake onto dessert dishes and then drizzle the hot fudge sauce from the bottom of the slow cooker over the top. Serve with your favorite sundae toppings such as: caramel, sprinkles, nuts, whipped cream, or cherries or even a scoop of ice cream.
Kitchen items needed for this recipe (click on photos to check them out):
Pantry staples used in this recipe (click on the photos to check them out):
Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your cost will be the same, but My Mommy Style will receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated!
You might also like:
Hello! I am Camille, a wife, mother of four, Disney obsessed, certified teacher, and reality optimist. Motherhood comes with its ups and downs, and I hope while you’re here you’ll find something that makes your #momlife easier!