I just planted some sweet sugar pie pumpkins in my garden this weekend and it has made me completely excited for the fall when I can enjoy delicious pumpkin cookies, pumpkin pie, and even pumpkin chili. But really, who says pumpkin has to be just for fall? I decided to try out this pumpkin cream cake and I was not disappointed. This is a really easy cake recipe and it tastes amazing! The cake is moist and sweet and is the perfect dessert for any time of the year.
Pumpkin Cream Cake
- 1 15.25 ounce box spice cake mix
- 1 30 ounce can pumpkin pie mix (not pumpkin puree)
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 8 ounce carton frozen whipped dessert topping, thawed
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In the bowl of a stand up mixer, combine spice cake mix, pumpkin pie mix, eggs, milk, and baking soda. Beat with the flat mixer attachment until well blended. Or use an electric mixer until well blended. Spread batter in a 13x9 baking pan. Bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- In a medium bowl, fold brown sugar and vanilla into whipped dessert topping until brown sugar dissolves. Spread topping over cooled cake. Cover and refrigerate any leftovers.
Hello! I am Camille, a wife, mother of four, Disney obsessed, certified teacher, and reality optimist. Motherhood comes with its ups and downs, and I hope while you’re here you’ll find something that makes your #momlife easier!