These Pesto Chicken salad meal prep bowls are a crowd pleaser and an awesome way to meal prep if you are looking to eat more healthy. Make sure to check out our other healthy meal prep options below.
We love doing meal prep at our house for lunches. It’s a great way to eat healthier and make sure you’re not running to the drive-thru at lunch time. Just prepare the meal, divide into bowls and you have 4-5 lunches ready to go for the week. I’ve rounded up some of our favorite chicken meal prep bowls to help inspire your next meal prep recipe. I like to make a few different meal prep recipes to get a little variety for my husband and I. I also make one of the chicken meal prep bowls for dinner and then double it so that I’m getting two things done at once.
For more meal prep ideas check out our round ups of meal prep bowl ideas and ground turkey meal prep bowls.
Here is the video of me cooking this meal on Facebook Live:
These are my favorite meal prep containers. They are big enough for the meal, the lids stay on tight, they’re affordable, reusable and BPA free.
If you prefer glass containers, these are a great option. They are more expensive than plastic, but they’re reusable and you’ll get a ton of use out of them. I love the locking lids on these containers.
Pesto Chicken Salad Meal Prep Bowl
- 2 lbs chicken
- 1/4-1/2 C Sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 avocado mayo or regular
- 1/2 C Pesto I like the Kirkland brand from Costco
- salt and pepper to taste
veggies for salad
- 1/2 C English cucumber chopped
- 1/2 C asparagus lightly steamed and chopped
- 1/2 C broccoli chopped into bitesize pieces you can steam this or have it raw whichever you prefer
- Prepare chicken to your liking. I really like to chop chicken into bite size pieces and saute it with a tablespoon of olive oil. You can also prepare this chicken in the instant pot and shred it ahead of time to save you some time. This salad plays beautifully off of the yummy flavors of pesto. Depending on your goals and favorite veggies you can customize it as you see fit.Combine all ingredients and enjoy!
Hello! I am Camille, a wife, mother of four, Disney obsessed, certified teacher, and believer in creating your best momlife the way you see fit. Motherhood comes with its ups and downs, my hope is you’ll find something here to make your life a little better/easier. Let’s be friends on social!