These low calorie meal prep ideas bring multiple combinations of flavor sure to give you the variety you’ve been looking for. Having ready to eat meals under 400 calories is a superb way to eat healthy and save time.
15 Meal Prep Ideas under 400 calories
The low calorie meal prep ideas featured in this post are from us at My Mommy Style and some of our friends. With this selection, you’ll find fifteen different flavor combinations which are all tasty, filling and nutritious! For all of you that are new to meal prepping, this will give you a great starting point. With this wide variety of foods, we suggest you try them all, discover what you like and find what works best for you. If you’ve been meal prepping for a while, this list will give you new ideas for low calorie meal prep.
What does meal prep mean?
- Meal prepping is the idea of preparing a whole meal ahead of schedule.
- A whole recipe can be made, then divided into seven different portions (stored in a microwave safe container), then stored in the refrigerator.
- When it’s time for a meal, grab one of the ready to go meals to eat. It’s that simple!
Is Meal Prepping good for weight loss?
- Yes! Having ready to go meals that have the right portion size will help you reach your weight loss goals.
- When you are busy, overwhelmed or exhausted, these low calorie meal prep ideas will save you from filling up on high calorie junk food or grabbing unhealthy takeout.
- Meal prep can be done for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and even snacks to help you stay on track.
What are good meals to meal prep?
It’s good to select meals that can sustain up to five days in the fridge. Some of your meals can be eaten cold while others re-heat in a minute.
Here are some other ideas we’ve put together that we think you will like:
- 15 Healthy Meal Prep Bowl Recipes
- Our 15 Chicken Meal Prep Bowls
- 15 Ground Turkey Meal Prep Bowls
- 15 Vegetarian Meal Prep Bowls
Here is a list of our favorite meal prep Tupperware and glass bowls:
15 Meal Prep Ideas Under 400 Calories:
1. Pineapple Chicken Meal Prep Bowl from My Mommy Style
Marinated chicken with yummy pineapple chunks drizzled with teriyaki sauce and sesame seeds. This low calorie meal is served over cauliflower rice with a side of green beans.
2. Chicken Fajita Meal-Prep Bowls from Primavera Kitchen
Chicken Fajita Meal Prep Bowls are served with cauliflower mash to create a complete low-carb lunch for the whole week. It’s also whole30, paleo and gluten-free.
3. Mediterranean Chickpea Salad from Chelsea’s Messy Apron
Mediterranean inspired chickpea salad is packed with flavor, made with good-for-you ingredients, and easy to prepare. For this low calorie meal prep idea, you can eat it right out of the fridge.
4. Healthy Baked Honey Mustard Chicken with Brussels Sprouts from Organize Yourself Skinny
Healthy one-pan baked honey mustard chicken with delicious roasted brussels sprouts makes for an appetizing low calorie meal prep idea.
5. Pesto Chicken Salad Meal Prep Bowls from My Mommy Style
These Pesto Chicken salad meal prep bowls are a crowd pleaser and an awesome way to meal prep if you are looking to eat more healthy.
6. Meal Prep Chicken Shawarma Salad from Baking Mischief
Enjoy this cold Chicken Shawarma Salad assembled with tender and juicy marinated chicken thighs on a bed of crispy romaine with tomatoes, cucumbers, and red onions, topped with a quick and easy creamy yogurt dressing.
7. Grilled Chicken and Quinoa Low Calorie Meal Prep Bowls from Cooking Classy
Grilled Chicken Burrito Bowls are everything you’d find in a burrito sans tortilla and with nutritious quinoa instead of rice! It’s brimming with goodness and incredible flavor!
8. Honey Lemon Chicken and Green Beans from Yellow Bliss Road
This Honey Lemon Chicken and Green Beans Stir Fry is packed full of flavor and makes for a quick low calorie meal prep idea.
9. Korean BBQ Meatballs with Zoodles from My Mommy Style
Savory-sweet Korean BBQ meatballs makes my mouth water and pairing them with zoodles, carrots, red bell pepper and green onions makes this an irresistable low calorie meal prep bowl.
10. Twenty Minute Beef Stir Fry from Crafty
A good stir-fry recipe is the ultimate saucy, spicy cure for a crazy day. This fast, flavorful dish is basic enough to crank out in 20 minutes, and it’s way better for you than takeout. Put this in a meal prep bowl to spice up your day!
11. Cabbage Pork Dumplings from The Defined Dish
These cushy, pillowy dumplings are filled with a salty-savory pork. Addicting and delicious is the perfect combo in choosing a low calorie meal prep bowl.
12. Slow Cooker Turkey Chili from My Mommy Style
Hearty and filling turkey chili is full of veggies and beans. Chili is so easy to make into a large batch and portion out for meal prep bowls.
13. Korean Beef Bowl Meal Prep from Damn Delicious
Tastes like Korean BBQ in meal prep form and you can have it ALL WEEK LONG! You may need to substitute cauliflower rice here to keep it under 400 calories.
14. Taco Salad Meal Prep from Skinny Taste
Colorful Turkey Taco Salad is a picture-perfect low calorie meal prep dish. No need to heat it up, just combine the ingredients when it’s time to eat.
15. Thai Turkey Lettuce Wraps from Sweet Peas and Saffron
Thai turkey lettuce wraps are made with ground turkey cooked in a delicious Thai peanut curry sauce and served in crunchy romaine lettuce leaves. This lettuce wrap recipe is ready in under 25 minutes, gluten-free, low carb, paleo and clean eating!
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST!
For weekly tips to live an awesome #momlife! Recipes | Kids Activities | Parenting | Travel | Printables | Lifestyle