I’m sure there are many versions of this recipe floating around out there, but I had to share because it was SO good and SO simple. The perfect summer side dish, especially if you have a growing pile of zucchini and yellow squash from your garden like I did. These were so good hot from the oven that I ended up eating nearly half of them before dinner started. I hope you enjoy this easy and addicting side dish as much as I did!
Oven Roasted Zucchini and Yellow Squash
- 3 Yellow Squash
- 3 Zucchini
- 1/4 cup of Olive Oil
- 3 cloves of Garlic
- Salt and Pepper
- Parmesan cheese
- Place the oven rack 6 inches from the broiler. Preheat the oven to broil on low.
- Wash and thinly slice the squash and zucchini, then place on a non-greased baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Finely chop the garlic and transfer to a small mixing bowl, then add the olive oil.
- Lightly salt and pepper the squash and zucchini, a pinch of each is great. Then add the garlic and olive oil to the vegetables using a cooking brush.
- Broil for 9 minutes until the vegetables look slightly browned, top with a handful of Parmesan cheese and broil one more minute.
- Note: You can also drizzle the olive oil onto the zucchini and yellow squash, but I prefer the brush because you get an even amount on each one and they don't end up being soggy and oily. Also, I didn't use specific measurements for the salt and pepper and cheese. Just season to your tastes. It's very easy to customize this to your tastes and preferences. Do remember that the cheese has sodium in it, so don't over sprinkle the vegetables with salt at the beginning. You can always add a little bit more salt at the end if you need to.
Kitchen items used in this recipe (click on the photo to check them out):
Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your cost will be the same, but My Mommy Style will receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated!
Hello! I am Camille, a wife, mother of four, Disney obsessed, certified teacher, and reality optimist. Motherhood comes with its ups and downs, and I hope while you’re here you’ll find something that makes your #momlife easier!