We had a mini heat wave in North Pole last weekend and broke a hundred year old record for high heat. It was a beautiful day and we spent the whole day outside swimming in the lake, playing on the sandy beach (of the lake, not the ocean…that would be awesome), roasting marshmallows and I whipped up this no churn hot fudge brownie ice cream in the morning and after spending the day in the freezer it was a perfect cold treat for such a hot day.
I love that there are so many different fast and easy desserts you can make using Cool Whip! It’s a summer time dessert necessity because there are so many no-bake treats you can make with Cool Whip. Don’t heat up your house with your oven, but still enjoy a nice treat!
This ice cream couldn’t have been any easier to make. Just a few ingredients mixed together, poured into a pan and put in the freezer and there you go. For the brownies you can make your own or you can use store bought brownies for convenience, it’s up to you! If you haven’t ever made no churn ice cream just know that it doesn’t have the exact same texture as regular ice cream. It’s more like soft serve ice cream meets a Wendy’s frosty. And it melts fast so take it out of the freezer right before serving and enjoy it right away!
No Churn Hot Fudge Brownie ice cream
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup dry brownie mix
- 1 (8 oz) container Cool Whip, thawed
- 2 cups brownie chunks
- ½ cup hot fudge sauce
- Bake 1 batch of brownies and cool completely.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk and dry brownie mix and beat until incorporated. Add container of thawed Cool Whip and mix well with a spatula.
- Coarsely chop brownies into chunks and mix into ice cream. Save a few to sprinkle on top (optional).
- Microwave hot fudge sauce for 30 seconds to soften and spoon on top of the ice cream. Using a knife, swirl hot fudge through ice cream.
- Freeze for at least 6 hours, until firm.