By now you have probably noticed that we are doing a “My Mommy Style” spotlight on different Mom’s that inspire us with their approach to motherhood and ways that they have found happiness in their role as a Mom. Kristina from Mothersniche.com was hilarious and so much fun to talk to about how she felt “tricked” in how fun being a Mom would be. Watch below to see how she turned it around and found ways to make her days as a Mom rock. We hope that these videos will be inspiring to you, to know that you are not alone when you have feelings of self doubt, boredom, disappointment, or flat out feeling CRAZY! Don’t forget to subscribe to our channel so you never miss it! Live every Monday at 2:00 MST.
I am so excited to be with you here at My Mommy Style. I have interacted with these lovely ladies on many occasions and I love what they are doing to motivate and inspire other moms. Motherhood is one of the hardest things in the world, but it also brings a joy that nothing else can mimic. We had our girls close together (18 months apart) in hopes that the would be best friends. Although they really do love each other, having a 1-year old AND a 2-year old keeps me on my toes and drives me to emotional, mental and physical fatigue at times.
As mentioned in the video, having a plan makes a world of difference for enjoying my days as a mother. You will often find my blog filled with activities and ideas for keeping the little generation happy and busy. Here are some of the activities that have kept us busy in the past:
- Busy bags. These things have saved us on multiple occasions whether it be church, car, or waiting at a restaurant. We probably have a hundred of them. The basic idea is that it’s little on-the-go activity that can be pulled out in desperate moments to entertain (and even educate) your little one. Some of the ones pictured above are my Busy Bags Roundup, Sticky Blocks, linking shapes, and magnetic printables.
- Scavenger Hunts. What little kid doesn’t love a good scavenger hunt? I compiled a list of both outdoor and indoor scavenger hunts, meant to last you a whole year. The best plan is to have them printed out and ready to go in those moments when you need an activity FAST!
- Play Dough Mat Printables. There are so many play dough mat printables out there! These are a collection of my favorite. The good thing about these is that you don’t have to uses them with play dough. If you are in a play dough-hating mood (yes, I have those days), then you can also use them with markers or crayons (I’ve even used dry-erase sleeves and dry-erase markers so we can reuse them).
- Printables for travel and other. I have also done roundups of travel printables, and other printables that can be use for lots and lots of different activities and busy moments.
- Do-A-Dot Printables. These Do A Dot Printables are also very fun and can be used in a variety of ways. We have used do a dot markers, pom poms, and even stickers to fill in the circles. Lots of options here and the kids love them.
I could keep going, but this should be enough to keep you busy for now 🙂 Toddlers can be a challenge, but they are so darn cute and they grow up way too fast. Hopefully these activities will help you relish the cherish the moments and keep your sanity in tact at the same time.
Thanks Kristina! Here is last week’s video with Whitney from amommyslifewithatouchofyellow.com
Hello! I am Camille, a wife, mother of four, Disney obsessed, certified teacher, and believer in creating your best momlife the way you see fit. Motherhood comes with its ups and downs, my hope is you’ll find something here to make your life a little better/easier. Let’s be friends on social!