These lemon poppyseed muffins are lemony muffin perfection! They are sweet and moist with a nice punch of lemony goodness. My family pretty much inhaled these delicious muffins!
They taste awesome plain, but these muffins are taken to the next level with a delicious and lemony glaze. Everything is better with glaze, right!?
One warning! Please read the recipe carefully and don’t confuse the lemon extract and lemon juice. They are different and you only need a tiny bit of lemon extract because it is lemon oil and it’s very powerful stuff.
Lemon poppyseed muffins
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 tablespoon poppyseeds
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and add muffin liners to a muffin tin, set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl cream together butter and sugar. Add the eggs and combine. Mix in lemon extract, lemon zest, lemon juice and greek yogurt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Fold in poppyseeds.
- Fill muffin tins about ⅔ full with muffin batter. Bake for 12-15 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- To make the icing whisk together the powdered sugar and lemon juice. Drizzle glaze over cooled muffins.
Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your cost will be the same, but My Mommy Style will receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated!
You might also like:
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST!
For weekly tips to live an awesome #momlife! Recipes | Kids Activities | Parenting | Travel | Printables | Lifestyle