In this recipe we will show you how to make Instant Pot pot roast and mashed potatoes all at once. This saves so much time and really brings out amazing flavors. Cook time is 35 minutes with the Instant Pot, which can really save you if you are looking to put together a nice dinner in a short amount of time.
Here is the recipe for the One-Pot Instant Pot Pot Roast & Mashed Potatoes (say that 10 times fast!):
Instant Pot Pot Roast & Mashed Potatoes
- 3 pound beef chuck roast
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- other seasoning to taste we love Trader Joe's African Smoke Seasoning
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup marsala wine
- 1 can 16 oz beef broth
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 2 cups yellow onion, chopped into fourths
- 6 large russet potatoes, peeled
- Pour olive oil into pan and heat on stove top at medium-high heat
- rub salt, pepper & other seasoning to taste on beef chuck roast
- brown pot roast in olive oil - about 5 minutes on each side. Make sure and brown all 4 sides of the roast as this helps trap the flavor into the meat
- add the remaining ingredients into the instant pot (except the potatoes) and gently stir ingredients together
- add the pot roast to the center of the instant pot
- place the instant pot cooking rack above the roast - use the high legs so that your rack doesn't touch the roast and other ingredients below.
- place the peeled whole russet potatoes on the rack
- cook on manual high for 35 minutes - make sure and follow your manufacturer instructions for heating and cooling your instant pot
- remove the potatoes - you can get our amazing mashed potatoes recipe here
- Once complete if you want to make the juice into a gravy, strain all the juice from your instant pot, slowly add corn starch while stirring until you get the consistency desired
If you want to see this recipe in action, I featured it below on my Facebook live cooking show. If you want to see other great cooking shows (including many instant pot recipes), follow me on Facebook and tune in on Mondays at 6:00 pm MST and Thursday at 1:30 pm MST.
Here are some other related recipes:
Hello! I am Camille, a wife, mother of four, Disney obsessed, certified teacher, and believer in creating your best momlife the way you see fit. Motherhood comes with its ups and downs, my hope is you’ll find something here to make your life a little better/easier. Let’s be friends on social!