This recipe for Instant Pot Lentil Soup is amazing! I have recently fallen in love with the instant pot and Lentil soup. Melissa developed this recipe years ago and I wanted to convert it to an instant pot meal so that it could more easily be done on a week night and not require an hour of simmer time.
We love our instant pot! Get one here: Instant POT
Here is a video of me making Instant Pot Lentil Soup
Instant Pot Lentil Soup
- 1/4 C Olive Oil Extra Virgin
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 1.5 C Carrots You can use any type of carrot you want
- 2 stalks Celery chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic or 2 tablespoons of minced
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 can 14.5 ounce can of crushed tomatoes
- 2 C dry lentils
- 8 C Chicken Broth
- 2 tbls vinegar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Start with instant pot on Saute mode, heat olive oil. Add onions, carrots, and celery. Saute until onion is tender (about 3-4 minutes). Stir in garlic, bay leaf, oregano, and basil; cook for 1 more minute. It takes the Instant Pot a minute to heat up, so keep that in mind.
- Add lentils, broth and tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Let boil 1-2 minutes.
- Switch to Instant Pot mode, put on the lid and seal the instant pot and cook on manual pressure at high for 12 minutes. It will take about 8 minutes for the pot to pressurize. After the 12 minutes is up, quick release by flipping release valve to "venting" (a little bit at a time at first.)
- Once venting is finished, remove lid. When ready to serve stir in spinach and vinegar, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Keeps in the refrigerator for 3-5 days, and freezes really well too!
Here is a link to all of our instant pot recipes:
Join me for Facebook live every Monday at 6:00 pm MST and Thursdays 1:30 PM MST!
Hello! I am Camille, a wife, mother of four, Disney obsessed, certified teacher, and reality optimist. Motherhood comes with its ups and downs, and I hope while you’re here you’ll find something that makes your #momlife easier!