I am so excited to share this Instant Pot Lemon Kale Chicken soup recipe with you because it is packed full of flavor and it so good for you. I am currently in the middle of doing a seven day DETOX with 2Fitathome and I adapted the slow cooker recipe to work for the instant pot. A lot of my friends received instant pots for Christmas and I don’t want them or you to wait months before giving it a try.
Meal prep and achieving your goals in the new year doesn’t have to be time consuming or come with super complicated recipes, you can cook it once and eat it all week. This Instant Pot Lemon Kale Chicken Soup takes less than 15 minutes to prepare and can feed you for an entire week if you would like.
I recently did a facebook live with Lynn about understanding hormone health and overall wellness for women to help you achieve your goals and lose weight. This soup is part of the package deal that comes in the 7 day DETOX to get your hormones back on track and have you feeling better than ever. What I love about Lynn and her approach to health is that it is about your overall wellness. Paying attention to your body’s needs, eating until intuitively full, and being grateful for the skin you’re in.
This recipe can be used by making it with rotisserie chicken or prepping and shredding your own.
I made my chicken ahead of time in the instant pot. I cooked frozen chicken breasts on high pressure manual for 12 minutes. Rotisserie chicken would be amazing too, so use whichever you would like.
You can check out the facebook live video here:
Instant Pot Lemon Kale Chicken Soup
- 4 C Shredded Chicken You can use a rotisserie chicken or shred your own. Organic is best.
- 6 C bone broth
- 1 bunch kale I used red Russian kale, but you can use any type you'd like
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1/2 C olive oil
- salt to taste
- 1/2 avocado
- Wash kale, stack, and slice into 1/2 inch strips. Set aside. Or you can buy a bag of pre-washed, cut kale and slice.
- Add 2 cups of stock, the chopped onion and olive oil to blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add blend to instant pot and 4 remaining cups of broth, kale, shredded chicken, zest of all three lemons and tbsp of fresh lemon juice. Add a pinch of salt.
- Let cook for 8 minutes on manual high or slow cooker setting for 6 hours on low stirring once or twice. If using an instant pot, make sure to seal pot correctly and set lid on "sealing" mode. It will take time for the pot to pressurize, so take that in to account when preparing your meal.After 8 minutes are up you can choose to manual release the steam or allow the pot to release naturally on its own. If you have time, it is best to do natural release to let the flavors blend longer. Will stay fresh refrigerated for a up to a week.
If using an instant pot, make sure to seal pot correctly and set lid on “sealing” mode. It will take time for the pot to pressurize, so take that in to account when preparing your meal.
After 8 minutes are up you can choose to manual release the steam or allow the pot to release naturally on its own. If you have time, it is best to do natural release to let the flavors blend longer.
Will stay fresh refrigerated for a up to a week.
Learn more about Lynn’s programs here: https://gumroad.com/a/95597683 (aff)
Get your own Instant Pot here:
For more tasty instant pot options check out:
You might also like:
Hello! I am Camille, a wife, mother of four, Disney obsessed, certified teacher, and believer in creating your best momlife the way you see fit. Motherhood comes with its ups and downs, my hope is you’ll find something here to make your life a little better/easier. Let’s be friends on social!