This Instant Pot chicken tortilla soup is so flavorful, and can be made from frozen chicken breasts in under 30 minutes! Cooking soup in the Instant Pot is a hidden secret – the combined flavors are amazing and your friends will think you labored all day in the kitchen. My family devoured this soup and I know your’s will too.
There are many iterations of instant pot tortilla soup, but this one is on the creamier side which is what I prefer. It’s very rich and flavorful and it’s also on the mild side. If you want to spice it up feel free to add diced jalapenos as well as going with a medium or hot enchilada sauce.
Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 4 Chicken Breasts (Frozen)
- 3 10 oz cans Red Enchilada Sauce
- 1 10 oz can Green Enchilada Sauce
- 2 10 oz cans Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 15 oz can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 4 oz can Chopped Green Chiles
- 2 tbsp Taco Seasoning
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 15 oz can Black Beans (drained)
- 1 15 oz can Corn (drained)
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- Tortilla Strips (topping)
Combine all but the last 3 ingredients into the instant pot - chicken, enchilada sauces, cream of chicken, diced tomatoes, green chiles, taco seasoning, milk, black beans, & corn
Cook on manual for 20 minutes, with quick release
Immediately stir in sour cream and cheddar cheese while soup is still piping hot, if it's cooled set instant pot to saute and stir in sour cream and cheese
Top with tortilla strips, more sour cream and shredded cheese and enjoy!
Here are some other great instant pot soup recipes from MyMommyStyle: