This Instant Pot chicken tortilla soup is so flavorful, and can be made from frozen chicken breasts in under 30 minutes! Cooking soup in the Instant Pot is a hidden secret – the combined flavors are amazing and your friends will think you labored all day in the kitchen. My family devoured this soup and I know your’s will too.
There are many iterations of instant pot tortilla soup, but this one is on the creamier side which is what I prefer. It’s very rich and flavorful and it’s also on the mild side. If you want to spice it up feel free to add diced jalapenos as well as going with a medium or hot enchilada sauce.
Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 4 Chicken Breasts (Frozen)
- 3 10 oz cans Red Enchilada Sauce
- 1 10 oz can Green Enchilada Sauce
- 2 10 oz cans Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 15 oz can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 4 oz can Chopped Green Chiles
- 2 tbsp Taco Seasoning
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 15 oz can Black Beans (drained)
- 1 15 oz can Corn (drained)
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- Tortilla Strips (topping)
- Combine all but the last 3 ingredients into the instant pot - chicken, enchilada sauces, cream of chicken, diced tomatoes, green chiles, taco seasoning, milk, black beans, & corn
- Cook on manual for 20 minutes, with quick release
- Shred chicken
- Immediately stir in sour cream and cheddar cheese while soup is still piping hot, if it's cooled set instant pot to saute and stir in sour cream and cheese
- Top with tortilla strips, more sour cream and shredded cheese and enjoy!
Here are some other great instant pot soup recipes from MyMommyStyle:
- All-Round Champion Returns: Season 2 on BYUtv - October 8, 2020
- Prepare Your Home For Emergency - October 5, 2020
- How to turn your child’s phone into a powerful ally - September 28, 2020
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST!
For weekly tips to live an awesome #momlife! Recipes | Kids Activities | Parenting | Travel | Printables | Lifestyle