Here we are in March and we had yet another snowfall. I am feeling the need for something warm and delicious so we are making Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup today on our facebook live! Chicken noodle soup always does the soul some good and making this recipe in the instant pot makes the process to much easier.
We love our instant pot! Get one here: Instant POT
You can make this recipe using frozen or fresh chicken breasts, keep in mind that you will need to adjust the time for this. Also, if you are wanting to freeze this recipe I would suggest doing so without the noodles in so that you don’t have issues with the noodles getting mushy.
I have loved cooking with the instant pot and am working on developing more recipes all of the time so make sure to tune in for more recipes by following us on Pinterest and Facebook to watch our Monday night cooking show at 5:00 PM MST.
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 stalks Celery, chopped
- 3 medium Carrots, chopped
- 1 medium Onion, chopped yellow
- 3 cloves garlic, minced 3 tsp
- 2 lbs chicken, you can choose between bone in, thighs, or breasts
- 2 tsp rosemary, fresh or dry
- 1-2 bay leaves
- 1 fresh lemon juice lemon
- 1/4 C Chopped Parsley
- 4 C Water
- 4 C Chicken Broth
- 3 C Wide Egg Noodle You can use other noodles of your choice
- 1 tsp poultry herb blend
- 1-2 tsp Salt and Pepper to season chicken
- Start with your instant pot on sauté mode and allow pot to heat for a few minutes. Add Olive oil, onion, garlic, carrots, and celery. Cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Cancel Sauté mode. Into your instant pot add water, chicken broth, bay leaf, poultry herb blend, and rosemary. Season your chicken breasts with salt and pepper and add them to the pot. Set your instant pot on manual high heat set for 10 minutes. Make sure to your seal button is prepped to seal the pot properly.
- After the 10 minutes of cook time are up, allow your pot to naturally release for another 10 minutes.
- Take chicken breast out with tongs and place them on a plate to shred chicken with two forks before putting them back into the pot.
- Add shredded chicken, egg noodles and set instant pot back onto sauté mode without putting the lid back on. Allow noodles to cook to al Dante, this should take about 8-10 minutes.
- add juice of a lemon, fresh chopped parsley, and enjoy!
- If cooking chicken from frozen, I would suggest 14-16 minutes on manual high pressure.
We hope you love this recipe! Keeping all prep and cooking in the pot makes this meal and easy clean up and perfect for any weeknight meal. If you would like to prep this ahead of time you can, and then keep your instant pot on “keep warm” to have it ready for the end of the day.
You might also like: