It’s that time of year again! When it’s freezing and snowing outside there’s nothing better than snuggling up with a big mug of hot chocolate. My kids don’t get sugary drinks very often, we don’t even drink juice, but I always feel like a good mom when I give them hot chocolate. 🙂
Homemade Hot Chocolate
(Makes 2 mugs of hot chocolate)…who are we kidding, probably just one. (I won’t tell.)
2 tablespoons cocoa
3 tablespoons sugar
1/4 cup hot water
1 1/2 cups milk
whipped cream (optional, but highly recommended)
candy canes (optional)
- Pour cocoa and sugar into a saucepan and add the hot water.
- Stir until ingredients are blended together.
- Bring mixture to a boil. Boil over medium heat for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat and add milk, stirring occasionally, until heated through. Do NOT boil.
- Remove from heat and stir well
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream and candy canes, if desired.
Linked up with: Create with Joy
Hello! I am Camille, a wife, mother of four, Disney obsessed, certified teacher, and reality optimist. Motherhood comes with its ups and downs, and I hope while you’re here you’ll find something that makes your #momlife easier!