Light, delicious, herb-marinated chicken breast to throw on the grill for an easy summer meal. These are so flavorful and good for you! Marinate for 30 minutes and grill the chicken for about 10 minutes. Fast and easy! I made mine on a George Foreman grill and they made my house smell almost as good as they tasted!
***Helpful hint:***To get your chicken tender and to ensure an even cooking time, place your chicken in a ziplock bag or between two sheets of wax paper and pound it with a mallet (or anything heavy, I use my can opener). This especially helps with the cooking time on the George Foreman grill.
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- Combine first 9 ingredients, place in a 2-gal. zip-lock bag with the chicken, seal bag, and chill 30 minutes to 90 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat or set oven to broil.
- Remove chicken from bag (disposing of leftover marinade) and grill or broil for about 6 to 7 minutes per side, or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink inside.
Hello! I am Camille, a wife, mother of four, Disney obsessed, certified teacher, and reality optimist. Motherhood comes with its ups and downs, and I hope while you’re here you’ll find something that makes your #momlife easier!
This looks totally delish! I’m going to have to try this soon.
Thanks for sharing! 🙂
Can you freeze this chicken in the marinade for cooking later?
I haven’t done that before, but I think you could no problem!
Your marinade sounds great! I have all of these fresh herbs in my garden so I’ll have to give it a try the next time I BBQ chicken breast.
My mouth won’t stop watering! This sounds amazing! 🙂
This meal is very delicious and very easy to do. Thanks Melissa 🙂
I only have dry herbs. Can I use them and how much would I use of each?
This was delicious!!! The only herb that I didn’t have fresh was parsley but it didn’t make a difference. I guesstimated the herb amounts too. We grilled it and served with roasted carrots and potatoes.