This recipe was a big surprise to me because it was much easier to put together than I expected it would be. My husband has recently been taking on a health challenge at work and with that has come some lifestyle changes. Instead of chinese take out try this next time…it is really good! We are big fans of “Eating for Life” by Bill Phillips and this was inspired by their recipe.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
4 portions spaghetti (about 8 oz uncooked)
4 portions lean steak (about 1 lb)
1/8 tsp crshed red pepper flakes
3 cloves garlic, minced (I used 2 tsp pre minced)
1 onion, sliced
4 celery stalks, sliced
1 head napa cabbage, shredded (I used pre-cut coleslaw from a bag)
1/2 C lite soy sauce
1. Prepare spaghetti, drain and set aside.
2. While cooking spaghetti, cut steak lengthwise into 2-inch strips. Cut crosswise into 1/8 inch think slices.
3. Coat large skillet or wok with olive oil spray over medium-high heat and stir fry red pepper flakes and garlic for 1 minute.
4. Add steak strips to skillet, stir fry just until no longer pink about 2 minutes. Remove steak and set aside.
5. Stir fry onion and celery for 5 minutes until tender. Add cabbage and cook until tender crisp, approximately 2 more minutes.
6. Return steak to the skillet. Add cooked spaghetti and lite soy sauce; mix gently and heat thoroughly.
7. Divide into 4 portions, serve and enjoy!
**This recipe made even more than I thought it would and I didn’t use quite as much spaghetti as the recipe asked for. If you can, I would also suggest using high fiber/whole wheat spaghetti to make it even healthier!
Hello! I am Camille, a wife, mother of four, Disney obsessed, certified teacher, and believer in creating your best momlife the way you see fit. Motherhood comes with its ups and downs, my hope is you’ll find something here to make your life a little better/easier. Let’s be friends on social!