This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Cooked Perfect® Fire Grilled Chicken. All opinions are 100% mine.
Summer time is perfect for grilling. I love the fresh flavors that the garden brings into cooking, but I don’t always have the time to pull out the grill and prep the chicken on a week night. Prepping the meat of the meal always takes me the most time, so I love using Cooked Perfect Fire Grilled Chicken as it makes your meal come together seamlessly in no time at all. Literally two minutes in the microwave for the chicken and you are good to go! This lemon chicken with broccoli and orzo is so delicious and blends together seamlessly. This recipe brings the fresh flavors of spring and summer and can be served as a main dish or could be served at a family gathering to be the perfect dish to bring to a pot luck. I am still dreaming of the fresh juices and tang of the lemon chicken that makes this combo so unique and timeless. Cooked Perfect Fire Grilled Chicken can be found in the frozen entree section of your grocery store and only takes two minutes to make. It can easily stand on its own as a primary protein choice and tastes as if it was made fresh on the grill minutes before. You know it’s reputation is on point as it was voted the 2018 Product of the Year for the Frozen Entrée Category by 40,000 consumers in a Kantar TNS survey.
You can mix up this orzo recipe with different seasonings if you prefer. The way that it is written you will want to add salt to taste, but this could be with lemon pepper, season salt, poultry seasoning, or coarse salt. You will love the taste of the chicken, tomatoes, feta cheese, and basil. It really will leave you feeling full and delightfully light.
This Orzo and Broccoli recipe is a recipe that you could pair with a number of different meat options, but I think it pairs really well with Cooked Perfect Lemon Herb Fire Grilled Chicken. When you are preparing this meal, remember that it is best to keep your eye the roasted pine nuts as they will cook up quickly. Between the cooking and cutting time this meal can be on the table in under 20 minutes and that is including waiting for the water to boil! Finding weeknight meals that come together quickly and are easy to make and transport is so helpful. We have a lot of spring sports happening with our kids right now and this is a recipe that can be prepped ahead of time and put in a container for easy on the go eating.
Lemon Chicken Broccoli and Orzo
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1.5 Cups Orzo
- 1 lb Broccoli This is about one large bushel of broccoli
- 1/2 Cup Pine Nuts
- 3 Roma Tomatoes Cut into Wedges, cherry tomatoes would work well, too.
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Basil
- 3/4 C Feta Cheese
- 1 tsp Chili flakes
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Cooked Perfect Herb Lemon Chicken
- 1 package Cooked Perfect Herb Lemon Chicken
- Boil water in a pot, salt your water with a pinch of salt and prepare orzo according to instructions on the box. Boil orzo for 8 minutes. Add broccoli straight into the water with the cooked orzo and cook for another 2 minutes with a lid on top.
- Drain water from the orzo and the broccoli and set aside.
- Prepare a big pan or wok to use for the rest of your meal prep. Add olive oil to pan and heat over medium heat. Add pine nuts and heat for 2-3 minutes until pine nuts are lightly browned. Keep your eye on them as they can easily burn. Add chili flakes to the oil and pine nuts and stir for a minute.
- Now combine add your orzo/broccoli mixture to the pan and stir all together. Add your tomato wedges, feta cheese, and fresh basil. Stir all ingredients together.
Cooked Perfect Chicken
- Prepare chicken in microwave according to package. This can be done in the oven, or you can easily cook it through in two minutes in the microwave.Add your meat to the meal and enjoy!
You can find more flavors of Cooked Perfect Chicken in your freezer department. These are perfect to stock up on when you are pressed for time and cannot spend hours in the kitchen. Which, for me, is pretty much every day! I am so impressed with the quality of the meat, it doesn’t feel rubbery at all and is so juicy and fresh tasting it is hard to believe that it can be prepped so easily in your microwave or the oven.
Enjoy your choice of 8 different flavors.
Each flavor comes with bold, amazing flavors. I haven’t tried one yet I haven’t loved. ◦Bourbon BBQ ◦Buffalo Ranch ◦Wildflower Honey BBQ (this is also a favorite of mine) ◦Lemon Herb (Featured in this recipe) ◦Zesty Herbs and Spice ◦Szechuan Style ◦Korean Style ◦ Classic Style
•Cooked Perfect Fire Grilled Chicken comes in a variety of convenient cuts:
Each variety can be utilized in a variety of different ways for your serving/eating needs. I am really wanting to try the wings because my husband is obsessed with wings and I would love to prep them so much faster! I am imagining a huge line up for game day and actually being able to enjoy the game and the company instead of spending all of my time prepping the food. ◦Wings ◦Drumsticks ◦Thighs ◦Tenders ◦Chunks
Hello! I am Camille, a wife, mother of four, Disney obsessed, certified teacher, and believer in creating your best momlife the way you see fit. Motherhood comes with its ups and downs, my hope is you’ll find something here to make your life a little better/easier. Let’s be friends on social!