- Place the fish in a baking dish and squeeze a lime half over it. Add the garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil . Season with salt and pepper and turn the fish in the marinade until evenly coated. Refrigerate and let marinate at least 15 minutes. Meanwhile, make the slaw and sauce.
- Combine the cabbage, and cilantro in a large bowl and squeeze a lime half over it. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine.
- Brush the grates of a grill pan or outdoor grill with oil and heat over medium-high heat until hot. Remove the fish from the marinade and place on the grill. (Cheater alert: I used my George Foreman grill and it worked beautifully. I left the lid open and cooked the fish as stated in direction 4.)
- Cook without moving until the underside of the fish has grill marks and is white and opaque on the bottom, about 3 minutes. Flip and grill the other side until white and opaque, about 2 to 3 minutes more. (It’s okay if it breaks apart while you’re flipping.) Transfer the fish to a plate.
- Warm up your tortillas. (Another cheater alert: I used my microwave.) To construct a taco, break up some of the cooked fish, place it in a warm tortilla, top it with slaw and drizzle with a little sauce. Serve with a lime wedge.
Need more fish ideas? You got it! Try these fabulous recipes:
Hello! I am Camille, a wife, mother of four, Disney obsessed, certified teacher, and reality optimist. Motherhood comes with its ups and downs, and I hope while you’re here you’ll find something that makes your #momlife easier!