Here is a simple, flavorful salmon recipe that the whole family will love.
Glazed Salmon with broccoli rice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 head broccoli florets only, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 9 oz edamame fully cooked with pod removed (about 1 cup)
- 4 pieces skinless salmon fillet 1 1/4 pounds total
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Heat broiler. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, soy sauce, and garlic. Set aside.
- Cook the rice according to the package directions, using vegetable broth instead of water, stir in the broccoli and edamame during the last 3 minutes.
- Let the rice and broccoli stand off the heat until the broccoli is tender, about 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Meanwhile, place the salmon on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Broil until the salmon is opaque throughout, 8 to 10 minutes, spooning half the soy sauce glaze over the fish during the last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Serve the salmon with the rice and the remaining glaze.
Hello! I am Camille, a wife, mother of four, Disney obsessed, certified teacher, and reality optimist. Motherhood comes with its ups and downs, and I hope while you’re here you’ll find something that makes your #momlife easier!