This feta stuffed chicken breast was a quick dinner that tasted awesome and looked pretty impressive too. Serve over a bed of salad greens and drizzle with vinaigrette of your choice. I have used homemade vinaigrette, but if I buy one from the store I really like Wishbone Romano Basil Vinaigrette.
Feta Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 2 tablespoons diced sun dried tomatoes not oil-packed
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts (about 1 to 1 1/2 lbs)
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons softened fat-free cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil diced
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3-4 cups salad greens
- bottled or homemade vinaigrette
- Place tomatoes in a small bowl. Add enough boiling water to cover the tomatoes. Let stand for 10 minutes. Drain and pat dry; set aside.
- Meanwhile, using a sharp knife, cut a pocket in each chicken breast by cutting horizontally through the thickest part to, but not through, the opposite side. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the feta cheese, cream cheese, basil, and tomatoes. Spoon about 1 rounded tablespoon into the pocket in each chicken breast. Sprinkle the chicken with black pepper.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken in the hot oil for 12-14 minutes or until no pink remains, turning once. Reduce heat to medium if chicken is browning too quickly. Serve chicken with salad greens. Drizzle with vinaigrette dressing.
I hope you enjoy this awesome stuffed chicken recipe! Here are some other fast and easy chicken dinner ideas you might like:
Hello! I am Camille, a wife, mother of four, Disney obsessed, certified teacher, and reality optimist. Motherhood comes with its ups and downs, and I hope while you’re here you’ll find something that makes your #momlife easier!