This Crockpot chicken and dumplings recipe was so easy to throw together and it made my house smell so good as it cooked all day. This is one of those slow cooker recipes where you just throw everything in there and let it cook all day. There is some prep to do at the end with shredding the chicken and adding the dumplings, but it adds 5 minutes to the total time. We’ve been having a pretty cold May so this was a comforting meal that hit the spot.
There are so many different Crock Pots to choose from, so you can probably find one in your price range. I have owned a few different models and I have loved them all. I have a programmable Crock Pot right now and I really like it, but I have also had a regular Crock Pot and loved that one too. I especially the like the Crock pots with the locking lids.
Crockpot chicken and dumplings
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups of frozen mixed veggies
- 1 onion chopped finely
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1 teaspoon of garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt plus more to taste
- pepper to taste
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 1 8 count refrigerated biscuits
- Add the diced onion to the crock pot.
- Place the chicken on top and add the frozen vegetables.
- Sprinkle with flour and seasonings.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Two hours before serving (after 4 hours cooking time), roll out each biscuit and cut each one into 6 pieces. Place the cut up biscuits on top.
- When the biscuits are finished cooking, remove the chicken from the crock pot and shred and then return to the crock pot.
Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your cost will be the same, but My Mommy Style will receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated!
You might also like: