This is a low-calorie, healthy chicken salad that is easy to make. I added the crunchy chow mein noodles because my kids love them, but to make your salad even healthier you could omit them. They do add a nice crunch though if you want to just add a small amount.
Crock Pot Chinese Chicken Salad
- 2 lbs skinless boneless chicken thighs
- ground black pepper
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 8 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 cup shredded carrots about 2 medium
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup crunchy chow mein noodles
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper. Place chicken, celery, onion, and garlic in a large slow cooker. In a small bowl combine hoisin sauce, soy sauce, ginger, sherry, chili sauce, and sesame oil; pour over chicken in slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or high heat for 2 1/2-3 hours.
- Remove chicken from cooker, reserving 1/2 cup of the liquid. When chicken is cool enough to handle shred chicken with two forks.
- For dressing, combine the 1/2 cup cooking liquid and the rice vinegar. Mix together well to combine, set aside.
- Arrange romaine, chicken, carrots, almonds, and crunchy noodles on dinner plates. Just before serving give the dressing another stir and drizzle over salad.
Hello! I am Camille, a wife, mother of four, Disney obsessed, certified teacher, and reality optimist. Motherhood comes with its ups and downs, and I hope while you’re here you’ll find something that makes your #momlife easier!