This is my very favorite lasagna to make and it is my family’s favorite to eat. It is cheesy, creamy, and full of a homemade tomato/meat sauce. While the sauce is easy to make it does take an hour to simmer, so keep that in mind before you get started. Lasagna is also a little time consuming to put together, but it is SO worth it. If you’re up to it double the sauce and make two lasagnas at the same time and freeze one for later. I hope you enjoy this family favorite recipe!
Cheesy Delicious Lasagna
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 12 ounce can tomato paste
- 1 14.5 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 12 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 9 lasagna noodles I use whole grain
- 1 pound shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add onion and ground beef. Cook until beef is browned and onions are translucent. Drain. Add beef and onion to a large saucepan with tomato paste, crushed tomatoes, water, oregano, basil, garlic powder, salt, pepper and sugar. Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 1 hour.
- While sauce is simmering, blend ricotta, Parmesan and egg until smooth. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spread 1 cup of sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Then add 3 noodles.
- Cover noodles with one-third of remaining sauce.
- Top with half the mozzarella.
- Add 3 more noodles.
- Top noodles with another layer of sauce
- Top that with the Ricotta cheese mixture and smooth out with a spatula.
- Top with remaining 3 noodles and remaining sauce.
- Bake in preheated oven 30 minutes. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella on top and bake 15 minutes more, until golden and bubbly.
Kitchen items used in this recipe (click on picture to check them out):
You might also like these other family favorite dinners:
Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, follow our YouTube Channel, and watch our day to day happenings on Pinterest and Instagram!
Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your cost will be the same, but My Mommy Style will receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated!
Linked up at Buns in My Oven, Katherine’s Corner, Saving 4 Six, Tidy Mom and The Pin Junkie.
Hello! I am Camille, a wife, mother of four, Disney obsessed, certified teacher, and reality optimist. Motherhood comes with its ups and downs, and I hope while you’re here you’ll find something that makes your #momlife easier!