These BBQ Chicken Pizza dippers are sure to please any crowd whether you are celebrating a holiday or cheering on your favorite football team. Every year we spend Christmas Eve with my husband’s family and Christmas day with mine. My husband comes from a family of 7 children with 5 of them being boys and it would be an understatement to say that they LOVE to eat. In fact, I often get upset with my husband for how quickly he eats because he always finishes way before I do, or the kids do for that matter. He blames in on the fact that in HIS house growing up whomever ate the quickest was able to get seconds and that was always worth eating quickly for. If it isn’t a second helping they are looking for then once they are done eating they are off to play football or basketball together. I have come to appreciate their way of bonding as it is different than mine, but still make for wonderful family memories.
Every year for Christmas Eve there are always appetizers that are being shared before the main course of the meal. My father in law makes a to-die-for Danish pastry that’s recipe has been passed from generation to generation and my mother in law makes a mean bean dip in the slow cooker. I want to bring something this year that would compliment these wonderful appetizers that doesn’t involve too much fuss, but one that I know they will all love.
This is what your crescent should look like before you roll it up! There are different flavors to pick from in the Crescent® line, but I thought this flavor would compliment this recipe best.
I’ve got to say these BBQ Chicken Pizza dippers really fit the bill. The best part is that they are so easy to make and would be perfect to share for game day as well. I love any recipe that involves a slow cooker! I hope your family enjoys this recipe as much as we do! You can find Pillsbury Crescents® at your local Wamart and all the other ingredients you need.
BBQ Chicken Pizza Dippers
- cooking spray
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 18 oz bottle of BBQ Sauce I used Baby Ray's BBQ sauce
- 1 red onion
- bunch of cilantro
- 2-3 Pillsbury butter flavored crescents
- Sharp cheddar cheese
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray, add chicken, 1/2 chopped red onion, and BBQ sauce. Cook on high for 3-4 hours until cooked through.
- preheat oven to 375
- Shred chicken with forks
- finely chop other half of red onion
- clean and remove cilantro stems, chop leaves small
- Open crescents rolls, divide and lay out on cutting board or large plate.
- layer crescent rolls with chicken, onion, cheese, and cilantro
- Roll up crescent roll with filling inside being careful not to spill
- spray cooking pan with cooking spray and lay out crescent rolls
- cook for 10-14 minutes depending on oven, cook until golden brown.
- Serve with ranch or whatever dip you prefer. ENJOY!
I hope you enjoy this recipe and your holidays!
You might also like:
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Pillsbury. The opinions and text are all mine.
Hello! I am Camille, a wife, mother of four, Disney obsessed, certified teacher, and believer in creating your best momlife the way you see fit. Motherhood comes with its ups and downs, my hope is you’ll find something here to make your life a little better/easier. Let’s be friends on social!