First of all, let me start out by saying this post took me ten times longer to write as it normally would because my kids would walk by, see the pictures of their favorite books and bring them to me from their bookshelf to read. So when I say these are our favorite picture books, I mean it.
I love reading to my children and have written a few posts about our favorite read-aloud chapter books (The 50 Best Read-Aloud Chapter Books for Children and Our Favorite 50 chapter books for kids). Now I’m so excited to share our favorite picture books! Here is a post on Tips for reading to you child and why reading is so important!
Now on to our favorite books!
1. Hi! Fly Guy by Tedd Arnold
2. Splat the Cat by Rob Scotton
3. Are you My Mother? by P.D. Eastman
4. Horton Hatches the Egg by Dr. Seuss
5. Horton Hears a Who by Dr Seuss
6. Diary of a Worm by Doreen Cronin
7. Runaway Bunny by Margaret Wise Brown
8. 1-2-3 Peas by Keith Baker
9. Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus by Mo Williams
10. Rainbow Fish by Marcus Pfister
11. You Will Be My Friend! by Peter Brown
12. The Belly Button Book by Sandra Boynton
13. Blue Hat, Green Hat by Sandra Boynton
14. Moo, Ba, La La La by Sandra Boynton
15. Not Your Typical Dragon by Dan Bar-el
16. Twenty Six Pirates by Dave Horowitz
17. Olivia by Ian Flaconer
18. How do Dinosaurs Say Goodnight by Jane Yolen
19. Creepy Carrots by Aaron Reynolds
20. Great Day for Up by Dr. Seuss
21. Little Quack by Lauren Thompson
23. If You Give a Pig a Pancake by Laura Numeroff
24. If You Give a Moose a Muffin by Laura Numeroff
25. If you Give a Mouse a Cookie by Laura Numeroff
26. Parts by Tedd Arnold
27. More Parts by Todd Arnold
28. Snowmen at Night by Caralyn Buehner
29. 10 Apples Up on Top by Theo Lesieg
30. A bad case of stripes by David Shannon
31. The day the crayons quit by Drew Daywalt
32. The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
33. Elephant and Piggie books by Mo Williams
34. Goodnight Goodnight Construction Site Sherri Dusky Rinker
35. Frederick by Leo Lionni
36. Big Wide Mouthed Frog by Ana Martin Larranaga
37. Dragons love tacos by Adam Rubin
38. HICCUPotumus by Aaron Zenz
39. Bears New Friend by Karma Wilson
40. Brown Bear, Brown bear, What Do You See by Eric Carle
41. Little Bird Biddle Bird by David Kirk
42. The Little Mouse, the Big Ripe Strawberry, and the Big Hungry Bear by Don and Audrey Wood
43. Little Blue Truck by Alice Schertle
44. Giraffes Can’t Dance by Giles Andreae
45. Click Clack Moo by Doreen Cronin
46. Pete the Cat
47. Sometimes I like to curl up in a ball by Vicki Churchill
48. Llama llama red pajama by Anna Dewdneg
50. Clark the Shark by Bruce Hale
Was your favorite on this list? What are your favorite picture books to read aloud to your children?
Click on the photos below to check out these other book posts here:
Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, follow our YouTube Channel, and watch our day to day happenings on Pinterest and Instagram!
Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your cost will be the same, but My Mommy Style will receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated!
Hello! I am Camille, a wife, mother of four, Disney obsessed, certified teacher, and reality optimist. Motherhood comes with its ups and downs, and I hope while you’re here you’ll find something that makes your #momlife easier!