"Brinner" Winner Casserole
This breakfast for dinner dish is sure to be a winner at your house. Your kids won't even notice the hidden spinach, especially when topped with your favorite fresh salsa. Serve it with buttered wheat toast, a smoothie, or some fresh fruit. Recipe adapted from my friend Amy at Amy Cunningham coaching.
Combine in gallon bag or 9x13 disposable tray
- 3 bulbs green onion chopped
- 5 eggs beaten
- 16 oz carton of egg whites
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded parmessan cheese
- 1 1/2 cup frozen, loose packed, chopped spinach not frozen block
- salt and pepper to taste
Add before cooking
- 1 lb breakfast sausage browned on stovetop
Freezer meal instructions
Mix all ingredients except sausage. Pour into gallon size bag or disposable 9x13 tray and freeze.
Thaw casserole overnight and brown sausage when ready to eat. Combine sausage with egg mixture and bake in 9x13 pan at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes until firm in the middle.