Chicken taco chili is a fun and healthy way to mix up taco night! This Weight Watchers recipe is under two points and packed full of flavor.
Weight Watchers Taco Chili
This weight watchers chili is low in on calories and packed full of flavor. If you are looking for some inspired recipe, this is the chili for you. It has minimal prep time and will leave you feeling full and satisfied.Jump to Recipe
I am the type of person that likes chili and soup all year long, but this is perfect on a chili evening (no pun intended). This is also super easy to throw together, it only takes about 15 minutes to prep and you can cook it in a crock pot, instant pot or on the stove top. It’s mostly dumping in a bunch of cans and very little chopping.
Hot and hearty, this gluten-free chili recipe will be a favorite all year long. You can even make it zero points by omitting the cheese and chips! It is bound to become a favorite.
Commonly Asked Questions
- What is the fastest way to cook the chicken? I did make my chicken in the instant pot and that saves so much time. Simply throw 2-3 frozen chicken breasts in the instant pot, set the lid to be sealed, and cook on high manual for 10 minutes and let the pressure release naturally 5-10 minutes.
- Is there an easy way to shred chicken? When the cooking is done and the chicken is still hot, transfer the meat to another bowl and mix it with a hand mixer to shred the chicken in one minute. This saves so much time and is a really easy way to meal prep shredded chicken if you may need it for other meals.
- What can I do if I hate chopping onions? The only chopping in this recipe is the onion. You can use frozen onions for this recipe or use dehydrated onion in this recipe. 1 Tbsp of dehydrated onion is equivalent to 1 fresh onion chopped.
- Can I make this a zero point taco chili? YES! Omit the chip and cheese and this chili is zero points on the weight watchers plan! It will still taste amazing and it’s a great way to feel full and stay on track with your health goals.
- Is there a way to substitute the chicken? Another meat that goes great in this taco chili is ground turkey. Simply cook 1 pound of ground turkey and add it to the recipe.
Can I Make This Taco Chili If I Don’t Have A Crock Pot? YES YOU CAN!
No need to fear if you don’t own a crock pot, you can still make this amazing taco chili. It’s great on the stovetop, crock pot and instant pot! Here are all the options below:
- Stovetop: To make this taco chili on the stovetop: cook the chicken breast and shred. Place in large pot and add in all of the other ingredients. Stir and allow to simmer, stirring occasionally, over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Crockpot: To make this taco chili in the crock pot or slow cooker, cook the chicken and shred. Place in the crock pot and add in all of the other ingredients. Stir it all together and cover. Cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
- Instant Pot: To make this taco chili in the instant pot, you first can cook the chicken for 10 minutes on high with natural release. Remove chicken and shred. Place shredded chicken back in the instant pot and all the other ingredients. Cook on High for 10 minutes with natural release for 5 minutes. Using the instant pot, this soup can be ready in 30 minutes or less.
Here is the Recipe for Taco Chili:
Weight Watchers Taco Chili
- 1 15 oz Can Tomato Soup
- 2 15 oz Cans Water fill up the tomato soup can full of water
- 1 15 oz Can Black Beans drained
- 1 15 oz Can Corn undrained
- 1/2 package Taco Seasoning 1 pt
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 lb chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 8 chips Fritos optional (1 point)
- Cook the chicken first using a skillet or instant pot.
- While the chicken is cooking, chop the onions and set aside.
- When the chicken is done cooking, shred and add to the crock pot, instant pot or large pot on the stove top.
- Add all other ingredients to the crock pot, instant pot or stove top.
- Crockpot: Heat on low for 6-8 hours or high 3-4 hours.Instant Pot: Cook on High for 15 min with 5 minute natural release. Stovetop: Cook on low simmer, stirring occasionally, for 3 hours.
- Garnish with cheese and chips.
*Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your cost will be the same, but My Mommy Style will receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated!