I’m so excited to share these tempting turtle brownies with you today. I don’t normally get so excited about baked goods because I’m not the best baker in the world and I hate having plates full of sweet treats sitting around for me to snack on all day. Well, these brownies were surprisingly easy to make, a lot easier than I thought a caramel brownie would be anyway. Of course, they will still be tempting, but the best part is they are totally worth the calories. That counts for something, right? The rich chocolatey brownie is surrounding an ooey gooey creamy caramel center with delightfully crunchy pecans. Seriously, these are some dreamy brownies.
- 4 oz BAKER's unsweetened chocolate
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 package 11 oz caramels
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 13x9 inch pan with tin foil, with ends of foil extending over sides and spray with cooking spray. Microwave chocolate and butter in large microwavable bowl for 2 minutes or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Add sugar and eggs, mix well. Stir in flour until blended. Spread half of the batter onto the bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, microwave caramels and cream in a microwavable bowl for two minutes, or until caramels begin to melt, stir. If caramels aren't completely melted place back in microwave for 15 seconds and stir again. Repeat until completely melted and mixed together. Stir in nuts.
- Spread caramel mixture over brownie layer in pan, cover with the remaining brownie batter.
- Bake for 30 minutes (the top of the brownies will feel a little soft, but will harden as they cool.)
- Use foil handles to lift brownies from pan before cutting to serve.
Hey, Camille posted her daughter’s adorable big girl room on The Crafting Chicks today and you have to check out the cuteness. She is one talented lady. Oh, and we are quite confident that you will love the Crafting Chicks as well! They are one of our favorite blogs.
Hello! I am Camille, a wife, mother of four, Disney obsessed, certified teacher, and reality optimist. Motherhood comes with its ups and downs, and I hope while you’re here you’ll find something that makes your #momlife easier!