This looks like it might be tricky or time consuming because of the long list of ingredients, but I promise it is so easy. You will have some chopping of vegetables, but everything else is dumped in the Crock Pot, and a lot of the ingredients are dried herbs and things you probably already have in your pantry. This soup was so filling and delicious. The perfect minestrone soup!
Slow Cooker Minestrone Soup
- 8 cups low-sodium vegetable stock
- 2 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 cup diced Russet potato
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley or 1 tsp dried
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt and more if needed
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper and more if needed
- 1 1/3 cups diced zucchini 1 small
- 1 1/3 cups shell pasta
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 15 oz cans dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 14.5 oz can green beans, drained
- 2 cups fresh spinach coarsely chopped
- Add vegetable stock, tomatoes, tomato paste, celery, carrots, onion, potato, parsley, basil, oregano, thyme, rosemary, and sugar to a slow cooker. Season with salt and pepper and cook on low heat 6 - 8 hours or high 3 - 4 hours.
- Add in zucchini, pasta, garlic, kidney beans and cook on high heat an additional 30 - 40 minutes until pasta is tender. Stir in spinach and green beans and cook several minutes until spinach is wilted and beans are warm. Add more salt and pepper to taste, if needed.
Kitchen items used in this recipe (click on the photos to check them out):
For more soup ideas try these delicious recipes:
This recipe is part of our “31 days of slow cooker recipes” series. If you want to see the full list of all 31 recipes click HERE
Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your cost will be the same but My Mommy Style will receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated!
Hello! I am Camille, a wife, mother of four, Disney obsessed, certified teacher, and reality optimist. Motherhood comes with its ups and downs, and I hope while you’re here you’ll find something that makes your #momlife easier!