Okay, not the prettiest looking dinner, but it was SO good. My kids loved this dinner, but they always go a little crazy over any dinner where they get a dollop of sour cream on top. 🙂 I think it was more than just the sour cream though. It was delicious!
Slow Cooker Enchilada Casserole
1 lb lean ground beef
1/2 green pepper, diced
1/2 red pepper, diced (save the other halves of the peppers and use them in your kids’ lunches (or yours) the next day)
1 onion, diced
1 (15 oz) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup salsa
1 (10 oz) can red enchilada sauce
1 (1 oz) packet taco seasoning or make your own
2 cups colby jack cheese, shredded
9 (6″) corn tortillas
your favorite enchilada toppings (sour cream, avocado, tomato, lettuce, cheese, green onion, salsa, etc)
- In a large skillet, cook beef, peppers and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, salsa, 1/2 the can of enchilada sauce, and taco seasoning.
- Coat the bottom of a 6 or 7 quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Place three tortillas in slow cooker, overlapping if necessary and tearing one of the tortillas in half to fit. Layer with a third of the beef mixture and cheese. Repeat layers twice.
- Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the top of the tortillas and top with the remaining cheese.
- Cover and cook on low for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until heated through.
- Top with your favorite enchilada toppings.
This recipe is part of our “31 days of slow cooker recipes” series. If you want to know what you’ve missed check out the recipes below.
Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your cost will be the same but My Mommy Style will receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated!
Hello! I am Camille, a wife, mother of four, Disney obsessed, certified teacher, and reality optimist. Motherhood comes with its ups and downs, and I hope while you’re here you’ll find something that makes your #momlife easier!