I don’t use my crock pot as much as I should. I forget how much I love it until I pull it out and use it. Yesterday I threw all these ingredients together and my family went and enjoyed an afternoon in downtown Salt Lake City and when we arrived back home we had a delicious and healthy meal waiting for us (along with a wonderful smelling home). Aaaahhhh, crock pot, how I love you. Now on to the recipe. These tacos were so good that I’m pretty sure it’s a new family favorite. My kids raved! The recipe calls for a jalapeno, but because of my kids and their low tolerance of spicy foods I left it out. So it’s up to you if you want to include it. Hope you enjoy these!
Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Chicken tacos
- 1 24-ounce jar medium or mild salsa
- Juice and zest from two limes
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 recipe for homemade taco seasoning see below for recipe or you can use one 1.25 ounce package of taco seasoning
- 1 jalapeno peppers finely chopped (optional)
- 4-5 boneless chicken breast halves
- Add the salsa, lime juice and zest, cilantro, taco seasoning and jalapeno to a crock pot and mix together. Add chicken and cover with salsa mixture. Cook on low for 5-6 hours. Shred the chicken and serve on warm corn tortillas or as a topping in a taco salad. Serve with toppings of your choice. The toppings could include: lettuce, diced tomatoes, avocado, cheese, or sour cream.
Kitchen items needed for this recipe (click on the photos to check them out):
Check out these other favorite taco recipes by clicking the photos below:
Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your cost will be the same, but My Mommy Style will receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated!
Hello! I am Camille, a wife, mother of four, Disney obsessed, certified teacher, and reality optimist. Motherhood comes with its ups and downs, and I hope while you’re here you’ll find something that makes your #momlife easier!