Welcome to day four of our 31 days of slow cooker recipes series! If you love your Crock Pot you have come to the right place. I will be sharing one delicious, tried-and-true slow cooker recipe every day for the whole month of October.
Today I’m sharing broccoli cheddar soup. It hit the spot and was a very delicious soup that was easy peasy to throw together. This soup is so good in a crusty soup bowl or even on top of baked potatoes.
Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheese Soup
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 6 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 12 oz cans evaporated milk
- 5 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 5 cups small diced broccoli florets
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese finely shredded
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and saute until soft, about 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and flour and cook, stirring constantly for 2 minutes. While whisking, slowly pour in evaporated milk. Whisk well until smooth. Cook mixture, stirring constantly until it begins to thicken then pour into a slow cooker along with chicken broth, diced broccoli, salt, pepper and thyme. Cover with lid and cook on high heat for 2 1/2 - 3 hours or low heat for 6 hours.
- Turn slow cooker off and let stand for 10 minutes and then stir in heavy cream, then add in shredded cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese and stir to blend and serve warm
For a full list of all 31 delicious Crock Pot recipes click HERE.
Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, follow our YouTube Channel, and watch our day to day happenings on Pinterest and Instagram!
Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your cost will be the same, but My Mommy Style will receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated!
Hello! I am Camille, a wife, mother of four, Disney obsessed, certified teacher, and reality optimist. Motherhood comes with its ups and downs, and I hope while you’re here you’ll find something that makes your #momlife easier!