Protein granola bar bites are the perfect healthy snack to grab and go. They also make a perfect treat if you are wanting something sweet with no guilt.
I have been looking for a healthy snack that I can go to during pregnancy and one that I wouldn’t mind my kids grabbing for a snack on the go. These do taste a lot like Almond Joys and cookie dough, there is no “sugar” but there is honey. It easily cures a sweet tooth if you are looking for a sweet something late at night but packs a punch with the protein. I hope you love them!
1 cup vanilla whey protein (I like this brand)
2 cups oats
2 cups coconut flakes
1 cup ground flaxseed
1 cup chocolate chips or carob chips
1 cup honey
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Mix (I use my hands), roll into balls and then refrigerate. I put all of mine into a large ziplock bag, you could even store some in the freezer for later.
This recipe was inspired by my dear friend Tina from Mother’s Niche.
Here’s the Recipe for Healthy Protein Granola Bites
- 1 C vanilla or chocolate whey protein
- 2 C oats
- 2 C coconut flakes
- 1 C ground flaxseed
- 1 C chocolate chips or carob chips
- 1 C honey you may want to add a few tbs extra if you think it is a little dry
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbs water
- 1. Mix all ingredients, I do not have a mixer so I do it with my hands.
- 2. form into balls rolling dough in hands.
- I will put the balls onto wax paper and cool them in the refrigerator or I will put them into freezer safe ziplock bags to keep them in the freezer. They can last up to six months in the freezer!
You might also like:
Linked up with Buns In My Oven!
Hello! I am Camille, a wife, mother of four, Disney obsessed, certified teacher, and believer in creating your best momlife the way you see fit. Motherhood comes with its ups and downs, my hope is you’ll find something here to make your life a little better/easier. Let’s be friends on social!