We have some big things going on around here at My Mommy Style, that we are so excited to share with you! We’ve had to keep our lips tightly sealed, for just awhile – but now – we are ready to let that fuzzy cat out of the bag!
We have been asked by Roxanne Bennett, of Bennett Events, to head up the social media push for the first ever, Pinners Conference! What is Pinners Conference, you ask? You know what Pinterest is, right? Who doesn’t, by this point. It is that website that you spend way too much time on, in the wee hours of the night, pinning dreams. That is the beauty of pinterest, of course, that you can pin dreams and ideas of things you want to make, visit, build, say, stare at or buy – but then when it comes right down to it, it isn’t quite that simple. We have children to feed, drive, bathe, help with homework, sports, activities, and so much more, and although we wish we could honestly say that our food looks like the things we pin on pinterest, every time, we can’t. I hope I’m not alone on this one.
So, Roxanne had this wonderful idea. First you need to know a little bit about Roxanne Bennett. She is a go-getter, say the least. She has headed up events such as “The Big Business and Technology Expo (Orem, UT) and the Great Salt Lake Business Expo (SLC, UT), as well as the Women’s Expo, the UV Home and Garden Expo, and The Christmas Gift Festival.”
You see, she is a crazy lady – and I mean that in the nicest, most complementary way. I totally GET her, because I run around with a busy schedule in the same way she does. And, you can also tell from her list of previous expos, that The Pinners Conference WILL BE A RAGING SUCCESS! She has amazing sponsors, loads of money going into marketing, lots of connections to make the show amazing, and of course, now, she has yours truly – My Mommy Style – to help get the word out! It’s quite the winning combination, if I do say so myself.
So here’s the thing. There will be lots more information coming your way, but we wanted to get a few tid bits in your hands.
1. The Pinners Expo will not only have booths to walk through and things to buy for Christmas, it will also have close to 80 classes going on throughout the conference, teaching about every subject on Pinterest! When you pay the entrance fee, you are welcome to spend two full days in classes, if you would like. Classes on food, crafts, speakers, fashion, wedding, baby, photography, party planning, nails, scrapbooking, holiday decor, clothing, jewelry and so much more will be offered. And, they will be taught by fabulous presenters.
2. Next week you will be able to pre-register to hold your spot for the classes you want, before they sell out.
3. My Mommy Style, will be putting together some really fun giveaways that you will NOT want to miss out on!
4. It’s a PERFECT outing for your groups of gal pals, you won’t want to miss it!
5. It will be held on October 25th and 26th
6. My Mommy Style gals will be hosting a class, and it will be SO FUN!!! We will announce our class soon, with details.
7. Bloggers like: The Six Sisters, The Dating Divas, My Craft Channel, Maskcara’s Cara Lyn Brook, Heidi Swapp, Twist Me Pretty and many, many more.
8. I don’t know what to say for 8 yet.
9. Their website will be launching next week, but here is their temporary page The Pinners Conference
10. And for more links to get you going, and keep up with all the fun giveaways and updates, here you go:
Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest
So, if your around for the party, we’d LOVE to meet you face to face! Watch our blog for reservations on all of the classes, and amazing giveaways (starting next week) Who knew that Christmas would come early this year? I can hardly sleep. If you would like to have a booth at the show for your business, let me know. And, if you have a blog, there may be some space for you to present, but it is by invitation only. There are certain things Roxanne is looking for. (But it can’t hurt to ask, right?)
Hello! I am Camille, a wife, mother of four, Disney obsessed, certified teacher, and reality optimist. Motherhood comes with its ups and downs, and I hope while you’re here you’ll find something that makes your #momlife easier!
I may have screamed when I saw this. I’m so glad that someone finally had the motivation to put something like this together! What a great idea. I will be there for sure. I need to step up my craft game… 🙂
What?! Yes please!!