We just had our first snow here in Alaska so I was in the mood for a nice pot of comforting and warm soup. This is the EASIEST chicken noodle soup and is ready in about 20 minutes! I like to use a can of chicken breast from Sam’s club to save on time and it tastes really good in the soup.
I usually use whatever type of small noodle I have on hand, but I really like whole grain macaroni. Egg noodles are perfect too or even small shells. I like the whole grain noodles because they seem to hold together better for leftovers. You don’t have mushy noodles when you reheat it. They also add a little more fiber and it’s usually what I have on hand at home, but you are welcome to use whatever you have.
This soup is so comforting and delicious. Perfect for someone sick with a cold or just because it’s cold outside. I hope you enjoy!
The fastest and easiest chicken noodle soup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 32 oz cartons chicken broth (8 cups)
- 1 13 oz can chicken breast or 1/2 lb cooked and chopped chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 cups egg noodles or 1 cup whole grain macaroni
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium high heat, add onions, carrots and celery and sauté for 5-6 minutes, or until onions are translucent. Add chicken broth, chicken, basil and oregano and bring to a boil. Add noodles and cook for 6 minutes or until noodles are soft. Taste the broth and add salt and pepper as needed.
This is the enameled cast iron pot that I own and LOVE and used to make this soup.
Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your cost will be the same, but My Mommy Style will receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated!
You might also like:
Latest posts by Camille (see all)
- 12 Special ways to surprise your husband on Valentine’s Day - January 9, 2020
- Super easy and Cheesy tater tot casserole - August 13, 2019
- 10 hilarious joke books for kids - July 21, 2019
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST!
For weekly tips to live an awesome #momlife! Recipes | Kids Activities | Parenting | Travel | Printables | Lifestyle