This cajun shrimp is an easy and delicious meal that is colorful, flavorful and healthy. And it only takes about 20 minutes to make!
This recipe is so simple and so easy to throw together. It only takes about 20-30 minutes from start to finish. It has the perfect kick of heat from the cajun seasoning and the bell peppers and parsley give it color and freshness. If you’re making for kids or you don’t like a lot of heat you can try half the cajun seasoning at first and see if that works.
Find more delicious recipes on our My Mommy Style Recipes Pinterest board.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn, defrosted
- 2 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- In a large skillet, heat ½ tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and bell peppers. Season with salt and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and corn and stir for 1 minute. Transfer vegetables to a bowl.
- Add remaining 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil to the pan and add shrimp in a single layer and season with salt, pepper and Cajun seasoning. You may need to cook shrimp in a few batches. Cook until no longer pink, about 1-2 minutes per side.
- Add vegetables back to pan with the shrimp, add lemon juice and toss to coat. Salt and pepper, as needed. Garnish with chopped parsley. Serve immediately.
Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your cost will be the same, but My Mommy Style will receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated!
Hello! I am Camille, a wife, mother of four, Disney obsessed, certified teacher, and reality optimist. Motherhood comes with its ups and downs, and I hope while you’re here you’ll find something that makes your #momlife easier!