Welcome to day two of our 31 days of slow cooker recipes series. If you love your Crock Pot you have come to the right place. I will be sharing one delicious, tried-and-true slow cooker recipe every day for 31 days. Here are the recipes I’ve shared so far:
Day 1: Slow Cooker Turkey Chili
Now on to the recipe of the day. I knew when I started this series that I wanted to try out a pulled pork recipe. I can’t believe I’ve never tried pulled pork sandwiches at home! This recipe was so easy and incredibly delicious. The whole family gobbled these sandwiches up with zero complaints. We also have enough leftovers for another full meal. WIN!
Crock Pot Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- 2 medium yellow onions thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt plus more as needed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 5-6 pound boneless or bone-in pork shoulder (also known as pork butt)
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- 8 hamburger buns
- prepared coleslaw
- Place the onions and garlic in the slow cooker and then cover with the broth. Combine the brown sugar, chili powder, salt, cumin, and paprika in a small bowl. Pat the pork dry with paper towels. Rub the spice mixture all over the pork and place the meat on top of the onions and garlic. Cover and cook until the pork is tender, about 6 to 8 hours on high or 8 to 10 hours on low.
- Turn off the slow cooker and remove the pork to a cutting board. Pour the onion mixture from the slow cooker in a strainer and return the solids to the slow cooker. You can strain the liquid into a bowl and save for later to make gravy or add some liquid back to the pulled pork if you prefer.
- If the pork has a bone, remove and discard it. Using 2 forks, shred the meat, discarding any large pieces of fat. Return the shredded meat to the slow cooker, add the barbecue sauce and mix to combine.
- Add the pulled pork to the buns and top with coleslaw.
For a full list of all 31 delicious Crock Pot recipes click HERE
Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, follow our YouTube Channel, and watch our day to day happenings on Pinterest and Instagram!
Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your cost will be the same, but My Mommy Style will receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated!
Hello! I am Camille, a wife, mother of four, Disney obsessed, certified teacher, and reality optimist. Motherhood comes with its ups and downs, and I hope while you’re here you’ll find something that makes your #momlife easier!
We love this recipe! We shared it in our 25 Delicious Crockpot Meals for Busy Families roundup on The Shopping Mama!! http://www.theshoppingmama.com/2015/10/25-delicious-crockpot-meals-for-busy-families/
Thank you for sharing Catherine! I’m glad you love it!
I love pulled pork and now I can’t wait to try it in my CrockPot, looks so delicious. Thanks for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop.