I love adding unexpected flavors together and coming up with something new and healthy. I was happy to partner Bumble Bee® to bring you this fun, new recipe I have created. These cilantro lime tuna wraps are packed full of nutrition and leave you feeling energized and so fresh! If you are looking for a quick snack or even a super healthy lunch or dinner these are perfect!
For this recipe you will want to start with delicious tuna as that is the key ingredient to this wrap! I love the Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore as it contains a nice texture and is filled with white meat. This tuna meat is so good, I am a firm believer in the fact that not all tunas are created equal. In fact, I have purchased the wrong kind before and been very sorry because it was such a greasy mess. This tuna is light and so versatile. Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore offers so many vitamins and minerals and is an easy way to fit in healthy protein to any mid week meal.
With this recipe I added cilantro and lime juice which I have never done before and I was pleasantly surprised how good it was! You may want to test with the flavors to see what would be best for you.
I intentionally made these wraps very health conscious using greek yogurt and mayo made from olive oil. For one wrap you are looking at only 96 calories. If you want to pack this lunch for a meal on the go simply roll them up and secure them with a toothpick!
Cilantro Lime Tuna Lettuce Wraps
- 1 can Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore Tuna
- 2 tablespoons fat free greek vanilla yogurt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil mayonnaise
- 1/4 C shredded carrots
- 1/4 C sliced English Cucumber
- 1/4 C chopped cilantro
- 1/4 C banana peppers
- 1 lime
- lettuce you can choose any leaf you'd like butter, romaine, iceberg
- Open your can of Bumblebee tuna and drain out excess water. Add your tuna to a bowl, mix in greek yogurt, and mayo. Wash and prepare lettuce leafs for the wraps. Lay out flat. Put in a couple of spoonfuls of tuna mix to each leaf. Add toppings: carrots, cucumbers, banana peppers, and cilantro.
- Cut lime and sprinkle juices on to the top of lettuce wraps. For extra "juice" try microwaving your lime for 20 seconds in the microwave before cutting and juicing. Add as much juice as you would like, I did 3-4 drops per wrap.
- Roll up and enjoy!
How are you making your tuna? I hope you love this!
This is a sponsored post on behalf of Bumble Bee® seafoods, opinions are 100% mine.
*See bumblebee.com for full nutritional facts
You might also like: