Life as a blogger is a little different than it used to be when I wasn’t. For example, let me paint you a picture of dinner time at my house. I cook dinner and set the table, but as soon as the food is ready we all know dinner isn’t really ready yet. I dish up a plate of food and take pictures of it. Usually the plate is set up on a white poster board in front of my front door–is that disclosing too much info? I guess my secret is out! Most of my food photos are taken on the floor! Usually I have three little hungry “helpers” closing in on the dinner sitting on the floor. I can tell how hungry they are by how close they get to the plate, some pictures have their hands in it. I should post some of those, they are funny. Anyway, some nights are more rushed than others and sometimes my pictures stink. This is one of those photos, but by the time I noticed we had gobbled everything up and I couldn’t redo them. These fajitas are SO good that I couldn’t wait to get a better photo. You need this recipe now! 🙂
- Whisk vegetable oil, chili powder, lime juice, honey, garlic powder, paprika, cumin, and black pepper in a bowl to make a marinade. Place chicken strips into a large resealable plastic bag; pour marinade over chicken. Knead bag to coat chicken with marinade. Squeeze out air, seal bag, and refrigerate 4 hours to overnight.
- Heat 1 Tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet and add sliced onion, stir and saute for 2-3 minutes, until onions are tender. Add the sliced bell peppers and saute an addition 3-4 minutes. Remove onions and peppers from pan to a bowl or plate.
- Remove chicken strips from marinade; discard remaining marinade. Add to the pan and cook the chicken until it is no longer pink in the middle.
- Add the onions and peppers back to the pan with the chicken and combine.
- Serve on warm tortillas with your favorite toppings.