This is the fastest beef stew I’ve ever made, it took me 25 minutes start to finish! Of course, the main reason is you buy already-cooked beef tips in gravy, so that saves you a ton of time. So for a night when you need something quick you can throw together this rich, delicious beef stew in no time!
5 ingredient beef stew
- 1 lb petite red potatoes
- 4 large carrots halved lengthwise and cut into chunks
- 1 15 oz package refrigerated cooked beef tips with gravy
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 cup fresh kale
- fresh thyme optional
- Chop the potatoes to make uniform-size pieces. Place potatoes in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover with vented plastic wrap. Microwave on high for 5 minutes. Add carrots; cover and microwave for 5-7 more minutes or until potatoes and carrots are tender.
- In a dutch oven combine potatoes and carrots, beef tips in gravy, and the water. Cook over medium-high heat just until bubbly around edges. Add chopped Kale and cover. Cook for 5 more minutes until heated through.
- Ladle into bowls and top with fresh thyme if desired.
Hello! I am Camille, a wife, mother of four, Disney obsessed, certified teacher, and reality optimist. Motherhood comes with its ups and downs, and I hope while you’re here you’ll find something that makes your #momlife easier!