This post brought to you by Huggies® Little Movers. All opinions are 100% mine.
Do you love to play with your baby? Jett has just learned to crawl and I am baby proofing the house like never before. Jackson and Jayne have been having such a fun time bringing him new toys and playing with him on the floor. With all of the crawling around I am loving the new Huggies® Little Movers! They have a new Double Grip Strips that give an extra anchor to the diaper so that they don’t move around so much when he is rolling and crawling like a little army man! I was so excited when I saw that Huggies was incorporating movement from Nikki Glor of easy ways to get active with your baby with these signature moves.
1. Act like Animals
* You and baby face other on the floor, both on all fours, like a cat. Reach out your right arm in front and kick back your left leg behind at the same time.
* While reaching, encourage baby to mimic and stretch out one arm at a time or one leg at a time. Repeat each side 10 times.
* Next, help baby on their stomach with arms on the ground next to their sides as you do the same.
* Lift your head, like a slithering snake, and help baby mimic.
* Repeat 10 times. Benefit for Baby: helps strengthen baby’s core muscles and build imagination Benefit from Huggies® Little Movers: SnugFit waistband stretches with baby as they reach like a cat and slither like a snake Benefit for Mom or Dad: works back, core and spinal extension
Jett is still learning how to crawl so I motivated him to move like an animal using one of his favorite toys. He thought is was pretty funny.
2. Tick Tock Baby Rocket
* Stand with your legs apart holding baby under their arms in front of you and face out.
* Lift your right leg off the ground and to the side, then switch position with left leg in a “tick tock” motion. *Next, squat down letting baby’s legs touch the floor. Encourage baby to squat down with you.
* Push off the floor as you stand up from the squat and lift baby over your head like a shooting rocket.
* Repeat 10 times. Benefit for Baby: helps strengthen baby’s legs and rhythm capabilities Benefit from Huggies® Little Movers: Double Grip Strips provide comfort and support as baby squats and bends to push off the floor Benefit for Mom or Dad: works inner and outer thighs, biceps, shoulders and chest.
3. Follow the Leader
* Complete a set of runs, skips and drops in a circle as baby follows behind.
* Jog for a 5-second count and encourage baby to mimic. * Skip for the next 5-second count. Assist baby and show them how to skip – or have them wiggle and giggle.
* Stand side-by-side holding hands with baby and squat or drop to the floor and stand back up in a 5 second count.
* Repeat until you’re beat! Benefit for Baby: helps baby develop rhythm, semi-complex skills and strengthen leg muscles Benefit from Huggies® Little Movers: Trusted protection from Huggies LeakLock™ system keeps baby dry as they run, skip and jump Benefit for Mom or Dad: works cardio, legs, calves and core
4. Patty Cake Crunch and Back Roll
* Lay on the ground with your knees bent in sit-up position; baby sits on your stomach allowing baby to rest their back on your thighs.
* Slowly sit up in a crunch motion and play patty cake with baby; then descend back to the ground.
* Repeat 5 times.
* On the 5th repetition, gently grab baby by the waist and flip them backwards over your knees to have baby laying with their back against your shins. Benefit for Baby: helps build baby’s lower body strength, balance and hand eye coordination
If you would like to try out these new diapers you can go to Huggies.com/moments to upload a photo or video and for a Huggies coupon for $2.00 and the chance to be featured on the Huggies Facebook Page! Make sure to use the hashtag #movingmoments! This is the one I uploaded to get my coupon! Share your Moving Moment
If you’re looking for more quick work out ideas you can check out this video that we made with Drew Manning from Fit2Fat2Fit!
What ways do you like to play with your baby?
Hello! I am Camille, a wife, mother of four, Disney obsessed, certified teacher, and believer in creating your best momlife the way you see fit. Motherhood comes with its ups and downs, my hope is you’ll find something here to make your life a little better/easier. Let’s be friends on social!