This Crock Pot Lasagna is one of our family favorites. We eat this so much I have the recipe memorized. My husband loves lasagna, but it is such a difficult dish to make. This Crock Pot lasagna makes it so easy. No boiling lasagna noodles (that’s the worst part of lasagna prep in my opinion)! Throw all the ingredients into the Crock Pot and 4 hours later you have a flavorful lasagna! We’ve tried this with ground beef, ground turkey and ground beef with Italian sausage. Our favorite is ground turkey! It’s healthier, but we just love the flavor with the ground turkey.
The recipe and instructions are below, but we’ve shown how to prepare this dish on our new Facebook Live cooking show “The Horlacher & Walker Cooking Show”. Here’s the video:
Crock Pot Lasagna With Ground Turkey Video
Crock Pot Lasagna With Ground Turkey
- 1 lb. ground beef/turkey we prefer turkey
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced or 1 tsp of prepared garlic
- 29 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 C water this can be optional depending on the consistency and how long you cook it
- 1 tsp oregano
- 8 oz package of lasagna noodles uncooked
- 4 cups 16 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1- 1/2 cups 12 oz small curd cottage cheese (I use fat free)
- 1/2 C grated parmesan cheese
- Cook meat, onion, and garlic together in saucepan until browned. Drain.
- Stir in tomato sauce, water, salt, and oregano into saucepan. Mix well.
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Spread one fourth of meat sauce. Arrange one third of noodles over sauce. You will have to break noodles to fit into Crock Pot.
- Combine the cheeses & spoon one third of mixture over noodles.
- Repeat layers twice (steps 3-4). Top with remaining meat sauce.
- Cover. Cook on low 4-5 hours.
- Note: if you do not have all of the ingredients you need to make the marinara sauce you can simply replace step two with pouring in your favorite marinara sauce. It would probably take an entire jar.
- This recipe can a lot of times taste better the next day heated up in the microwave. It may be best to turn off the heat and let the juices settle 15-20 minutes before serving. ENJOY!
Here are links to some of our related recipes if you are interested: