I love stir fry and we eat it at our house regularly. It’s a great way to use vegetables in your fridge and there are so many different combinations so I feel like I never get sick of eating it. It’s relatively easy to throw together a stir fry, but the time consuming part is chopping, cutting and slicing all the vegetables. I love to change things up every now and then and use microwavable steamed vegetables. I especially like Birds zeye Steamfresh Asian blends because there seems to be a good variety of vegetables and more broccoli than other brands. I like broccoli. 🙂 Using Birds Eye Steamfresh vegetables you cut out most of the work for a super convenient, fast and healthy dinner that your family will love.
The Frozen aisle provides high value meal solutions that are easy to prepare, affordable and delicious and offer some great shortcuts for your already favorite meals.
I found the Birds Eye Steamfresh bags in the freezer section at my local Fred Meyer. Check out freezerfreshideas.com to find inspiring ways to incorporate frozen foods into your meal planning.
You can make this even easier by using your favorite jar of stir fry sauce, but I love this recipe for homemade sauce that is actually really easy to make and SO much better than the store bought jar. The recipe calls for fresh ginger, but to make things easier you can also add ground ginger or even the ginger in the squeeze tube (I have no idea what else to call it!). You might be surprised by how easy it is to make your own stir fry sauce!
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 recipe stir fry sauce
- 2 Birds Eye Steamfresh® Chef's Favorites Asian medley
- Cooked rice
- Steam both Birds Eye Steamfresh Asian medley bags in microwave according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat a skillet on medium high heat and add olive oil. Add chicken and cook until no longer pink. Remove chicken from pan and drain.
- Add stir fry sauce to pan and heat until it starts to thicken 1-2 minutes. Return chicken to pan and add steamed vegetables. Toss to coat.
- Serve over cooked rice.
Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your cost will be the same, but My Mommy Style will receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kroger. The opinions and text are all mine.