This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Cache Valley Cheese. All opinions are 100% mine.
This is a delicious and super easy appetizer idea perfect for your New Year’s Eve party or any BBQ, potluck, party or get together you have all year round. They are so good you’ll want to keep coming back for more and want them all the time. These little morsels of goodness are bursting with flavor and you only need a few yummy ingredients and little time to prepare them.
The creaminess of the Cache Valley mozzarella string cheese pairs so well with the sweet and crunchy tomato and freshness of the basil. Then take the flavor a step further with a bold and tangy touch with the reduced balsamic vinegar.
Balsamic vinegar is great on it’s own, but once you simmer and reduce it and let it cool it becomes a richly flavored glaze. You can also add honey or other flavors when you reduce balsamic vinegar to make it even more flavorful, but for this recipe I decided to keep it simple and reduce it on its own, which is still delicious and you will not be disappointed. You can decide how much you drizzle on your skewers, the more you add the tangier they will be.
Caprese skewers with balsamic reduction drizzle
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes
- 30 basil leaves cut large leaves in half or thirds
- 7 Cache Valley mozzarella string cheese sticks
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 dozen toothpicks
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Cut the Cache Valley string cheese in 1/2 inch bites.
- Slide a piece of cheese onto a toothpick. Next add a basil leaf, you may need to fold the larger leaves in half. Slide a tomato half onto the bottom with the cut side down (this will help your skewers stand up straight.)
- Meanwhile, add balsamic vinegar to a small sauce pan and place over high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 10-15 minutes to reduce.
- Allow reduced balsamic vinegar to cool and then lightly drizzle over skewers and arrange skewers on a platter for serving.
I went to school at Utah State University in Cache Valley, Utah so Cache Valley cheese has a special place in my heart. It will always remind me of the beautiful valley where I attended school and met my husband. Cache Valley is an amazing place and for 75 years Cache Valley has been producing flavorful cheese made with the essence of all the natural goodness that makes Cache Valley, Utah so great.
Cache Valley has a wide variety of products so you’ll find a high quality cheese that you love. You’ll find natural slices, shreds, singles, string cheeses and even butter.
Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your cost will be the same, but My Mommy Style will receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated!