Finding something delicious to support your kid’s immune system supporting that they will love has just gotten easier.
This winter I have been trying to think of ways to help support my kids’ immune systems because we have had a pretty rough winter so far. It has been one filled with germs, colds, and runny noses. Recently I was talking to our cute babysitter and she said that she and her brother make smoothies with Emergen-C Kidz all of the time! She said they like to make theirs with the orange flavor and add banana and orange juice. Jackson and I were up for the challenge of creating a healthy fruit punch flavored smoothie and had a lot of fun experimenting in the kitchen. After we had added all of the fruit, we decided to take the smoothie one step further and added carrots and spinach. We actually both like the taste better after adding these two ingredients. If you have kids who are sensitive to color you may skip this part or put it into a bottle so they don’t judge the smoothie by its color! By adding the vegetables it actually toned the taste down to make it even more delicious! Lastly, we added a packet of Emergen-C Kidz and blended everything together!
- 1 cup ice
- 2 mandarin oranges
- ½ large honey-crisp apple
- 1 banana (we used frozen)
- ¼ C cranberries (these were frozen as well)
- 1 handful spinach
- ⅓ C carrot shreds
- 1 C water
- 2 packets of Emergen-C Fruit Punch flavor
- Make sure all ingredients and washed and prepped.
- Add all ingredients to blender and blend. Serve and enjoy!
- EMERGEN-C Kidz contains B vitamins to support energy naturally and key antioxidants, such as 250 mg of vitamin C plus zinc, and manganese, to support their immune system.*
- EMERGEN-C Kidz comes in three great-tasting, kid-tested flavors: Grape, Fruit Punch, and Orange. Each serving is just like the adult EMERGEN-C but with lower levels of vitamins that are appropriate for children ages 4-13.
We had a lot of fun creating this recipe and we hope you enjoy it! You can find more information on Emergen‐C Kidz® here. Also, my daughter preferred drinking her Emergen-C Kidz with water only while my son who is the more pickier eater liked creating a smoothie and thought it was the best thing ever! It is so funny to see kid’s preferences and quirks. You may find that mixing it with water is the best way for your kids, but we really enjoyed this creating this smoothie!
You might also like:
I am participating in a sponsored campaign hosted by Emergen-C.
I received compensation for this post. While all opinions stated are my own, I make no claims about EMERGEN-C Kidz as a product or its effectiveness.