There are two upcoming events that I am so excited about. First of all, Halloween is this Saturday! Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. We’ve already been enjoying many holiday festivities, like pumpkin carving, caramel apples, and spook alleys, but I am looking forward to dressing up and taking my kids trick-or-treating.
Second of all, my family is so looking forward to the new Peanuts movie! We love Charlie Brown, Snoopy and the gang and can’t wait to see them in the movie theater. We already have watched It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown quite a few times this month, which has been a great way to generate some Peanuts excitement before the movie comes out on November 6th. (Watch the Peanuts trailer HERE)
Now what’s more exciting than Halloween and Peanuts? When you combine the two for one awesome Halloween trick-or-treating bag!
How cute is that!? My kids each got one at Safeway and are so excited to try to fill them up with candy on Saturday. What’s even more exciting is you can get your very own Peanuts trick-or-treat bag at your local Albertsons Safeway store. These reusable bags will be available in stores for free (while supplies last) with a purchase of three participating products.
To get your kids even more excited for the Peanuts movie make these adorable (and tasty) Charlie Brown pudding parfaits. They’re fun and cute and they are so easy to make. The chevron stripe was made with melted chocolate chips that are piped into the chevron pattern and placed in the freezer for a few minutes. When I think of Charlie Brown I think of his chevron shirt, so I knew I had to fit it somewhere in my dessert!
Charlie Brown pudding parfaits
- 1 3.4 oz package instant vanilla pudding
- 12 Oreo cookies
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Cool Whip
- 4 9 oz clear plastic cups
- Melt chocolate chips and scoop into a ziplock bag. Snip a tiny bit of the corner of the bag to make the chocolate come out and pipe chevron stripes and curls onto a piece of wax paper.
- Place wax paper in the freezer to harden the chocolate shapes for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make pudding according to package directions, set aside.
- Place Oreo cookies in a ziplock baggie and crush.
- Divide the crushed Oreos among the 4 plastic cups. Top with a few tablespoons of vanilla pudding. Remove the chocolate shapes from the freezer and add the chevron strips to the cups pressing them up against the plastic so they can be visible once covered with pudding.
- Top each chevron stripe with 1/2 cup of pudding.
- Top with a large dollop of Cool Whip and chocolate curls.
Now hurry to your nearest Safeway to pick up your trick-or-treat bag today! You have a few more days until Halloween and then you can watch your kids fill them up with candy. Happy Halloween!
Safeway also has a Peanuts Sweepstakes going on and you still have a few days to enter.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Albertsons Safeway. The opinions and text are all mine.