This was a magic dinner. First of all, it was so easy! You throw everything into a pot turn on the heat and TA-DA dinner is done. Next, it was so good and nobody complained at dinner time. I was even able to sneak in some extra veggies into this dinner and my kids didn’t bat an eye. I do realize that not every child will be thrilled with the veggies, so you can leave them out or switch them for something your kid will eat. This is a great vegetarian dish, but you can add cooked shrimp or sausage if desired.
- 12 ounces penne pasta (I used whole grain)
- 2 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 1 yellow squash, chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10-12 fresh basil leaves, minced
- 1 (6-oz.) package baby spinach, roughly chopped
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Place penne pasta, tomatoes, vegetable broth, onion, squash, mushrooms in a large pot. Stir in salt and oregano and then drizzle with olive oil. Cover and bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and cook 10 minutes, stirring every few minutes.
- Remove from heat, and stir in basil and spinach. Cover and let stand 10 minutes. Stir before serving. Serve with Parmesan cheese.
Kitchen items used in this recipe (click on the photos to check them out):
Kitchen Staples used in this recipe (click on the photos to check them out):
Check out these other great pasta recipes:
Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your cost will be the same, but My Mommy Style will receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated!